Maritime Metal Documentary Film

News on the upcoming Maritime Metal Documentary
Necromaster
Site Admin
Maritime Metal Documentary Film

Post by Necromaster » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:50 pm

Your all probably wondering “why is the Maritime Metal Message Board back” well let me tell you.

After many years of Video Tapes, Photos and other Media I created laying around collecting dust I’ve decided to do something with it.

In July 2018 I started collecting data for a Maritime Metal Documentary. A film to outline the History of Metal in the Maritimes. Focusing on how the internet and more importantly the Maritime Metal Message Board was key to bring Metalheads from NB, NS and PEI together to create a massive Metal Scene.

I never knew how large the scene became after the Message Board opened. Based on my research so far there has been at least 140 Bands and 256 Albums between 1989 and 2018.

With your help I know these numbers will grow. What I need from you all is:

Information:
Band's and years of activity
Album Names, Track List and Year of Release.

Content:
Videos of Live Shows or Party Footage.
Photos
Posters

I’m mainly looking for content from 2000 to 2010 (but ill take anything from before or after)

I am willing to pay for shipping of any physical media and ship it back to you once I’m done with it. So this will cost you nothing but your time.

At some point in 2019 (still working out time tables) I’ll be traveling to the Maritime’s to shoot interviews with key people from the Metal Scene with two friends who are helping with the filming/editing.

Stay tuned for more news to come.

Gordgoroth

Re: Maritime Metal Documentary Film

Post by Gordgoroth » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:38 pm

That’s quite the undertaking Necro. Awesome! The scene was strong back then. This might help revive it.

Necromaster
Site Admin

Post by Necromaster » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:12 pm

It will be alot of work but i am up for it and have a few friends who will help out. The hardest pay is to get people interested and have them send footage and then find people who are willing to be interviewed. Hope everyone will want to take part.

Joey von Doom

Post by Joey von Doom » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:50 pm

It’ll be awesome to see you around the maritimes again when you’re conducting interviews for this project.

Necromaster
Site Admin

Post by Necromaster » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Joey von Doom wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:50 pm
It’ll be awesome to see you around the maritimes again when you’re conducting interviews for this project.
Iv visited a few times over the years but it wasn't for fun. It was always for family stuff. There and back kinda trips. I don't think i've spent more then 2 nights in NB since I moved to Montreal.

Jackal

Post by Jackal » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Would a list of venues in the Maritimes be something to consider? Like the Paramount and Manhattan are lengendary for hosting most of the scene's shows back in the hey day in Moncton.

Necromaster
Site Admin

Post by Necromaster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Yes for sure if any are still around I would like to film interviews in them.

Darth Grimby

Post by Darth Grimby » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 pm

I’ll have to dig through a few hard drives to find some of the photos and videos I’ve taken over the years. Definitely willing to be interviewed if you’ll have me. RDO and I can talk about our 15 minutes of YouTube fame as hip hop reactors haha. Or you know, whatever else fits your narrative.

Necromaster
Site Admin

Post by Necromaster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Cool man. I would like to interview you guys for sure. Maybe you can do a reaction video to the tesser trailer. lol

Slaughtered Princess

Post by Slaughtered Princess » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Hahaha