Will this board get used like it used to?

News on what is happening in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, & NFLD Metal Scene.
Joey von Doom
Re: Will this board get used like it used to?

Post by Joey von Doom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Memnoch wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:30 pm
Joey von Doom wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:28 pm
There’s a good chance if more people know about it.

Perhaps shit like reddit or YouTube gives you the ability to down vote so you can subtly hurt someone’s feelings HAHA
Not like here where you just hurt their feelings out in the open.
Hahaha

Old fucks like me need to look after my career while satisfying the urge to be an asshole.

GeoAbraxas

Post by GeoAbraxas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:25 am

It would be cool if it became active again. I mean, lots of people still do use message boards, it's just centralized as Reddit now.

Necromaster
Site Admin

Post by Necromaster » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 am

Joey von Doom wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 pm
Memnoch wrote:
Joey von Doom wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:28 pm
There’s a good chance if more people know about it.

Perhaps shit like reddit or YouTube gives you the ability to down vote so you can subtly hurt someone’s feelings HAHA
Hahaha

Old fucks like me need to look after my career while satisfying the urge to be an asshole.
Some people asked if ill bring back the database from the old forum. I do have it. But for this reason I will not. We all got careers and lives. The shit we posted 10 to 15 years ago stays in the past.

ZVAZ

Post by ZVAZ » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:01 am

I'm just gonna give it a try and let the experiment ride. Message boards are dead as fuck, but there is a void left where facebook is now pretty useless to promote shows, maybe this can be a hub where the underground can communicate in unison once again.

Joey von Doom

Post by Joey von Doom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:39 pm

Necromaster wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 am
Joey von Doom wrote:
Memnoch wrote:

Hahaha

Some people asked if ill bring back the database from the old forum. I do have it. But for this reason I will not. We all got careers and lives. The shit we posted 10 to 15 years ago stays in the past.

For sure. At least we’re collectively not total assholes that try to ruin people’s lives by digging up the past.

ZVAZ

Post by ZVAZ » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:50 am

Joey von Doom wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Necromaster wrote:
Joey von Doom wrote:

Hahaha

For sure. At least we’re collectively not total assholes that try to ruin people’s lives by digging up the past.
This message board is that digging personified

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:08 am

Necromaster wrote:
Joey von Doom wrote:
Memnoch wrote:

Hahaha

Just hold onto it just in case you need it for blackmail purposes.

Necromaster
Site Admin

Post by Necromaster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Guess so far the answer is no. Not many people have signed up so far. Hopefully that will change once I build a new maritime metal site.

Chocolate Starmie

Post by Chocolate Starmie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:59 pm

Necromaster wrote:
Joey von Doom wrote:
Memnoch wrote:

Hahaha

Yeah that shit could James Gunn any one of us

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:27 pm

I wouldn't just go ahead and say that it won't make a comeback many people still use message boards, metal boards seem pretty slow anyway. People might not be around anymore from the old Maritime Metal days or they might not know about this site and documentary. Some people also don't get along with other people from the scene back then and they might not want to take part.

Hopefully this will be an independent and impartial documentary to all that and it looks like a serious effort. Basing the documentary in Montreal is a great idea for promoting bands in Atlantic Canada, but I don't think there's a lot of people still playing from back then but there is some. New bands will come out though, so if the board sticks around it may gain some supporters.

Not everyone's going to come on here as soon as it launches because no one knows about it yet, but for people wanting to see all the old concert footage and stuff this would be a great place for that like in the video clips.

I remember there were a few versions of the Maritime Metal Message Board and this one is a copy of the good one with The Undegrowth Page days, so this was the best board of all them when all the best bands were playing and there were lots of metal shows here.

Just to have the old footage posted from all the old concerts and all the albums and demos posted and the documantary itself will make the page good for Maritime Metal even if the board isn't too busy, it's also easier to read concert promotions on this board instead of Facebook because it's all on the same spot so even if it's not busy it can still be a go to place to check for concert listings in Atlantic Canada and Montreal.

I wouldn't just go and rule it out that it wouldn't be any good, I was happy to see the old concert footage and it's good for stuff like that for an archive or something.

Now that this board is from Montreal I think this will be great for the Maritime Metal Board and with the documentary getting promoted in Montreal this will be good anyway and bands up there may want to participate. What sucks is there might not be any acive fans at shows and stuff and they might have quit metal but there's always a few people around from then. People will still want to watch the documentary on Youtube or get a DVD or something.

The problem people have around here is Collapse, Hellacaust and Thy Flesh Consumed got ripped off of by Great White North Records and Terratomb was excluded. In Montreal Great White North Records and Great White North Records Maritimes played a big role in the scene back then and there was some good concerts and promotions here back then with people and bands from Montreal so that maybe could be in your documentary but hopefully there's not going to be any bashing of labels and stuff in it which I doubt because it looks professional.

Great White North Maritimes and Montreal played a big role in the scene here for a while and that's where the board is at now based in Montreal so covering something like that from a documentary perspective might be a good idea for content.

A lot of bands here got the big rip off back then from up there, like Thy Flesh Consumed's album never got put out after they got signed and they never signed Terratomb but I don't know if they wanted to be on the GWN label but that wasn't fair or even System Shit or Existench if they were active then or wanted to. Then they released Collapse and Hellacaust and then dropped everyone and closed and cancelled the Thy Flesh Consumed album, and they were on CDN or something and now CDN has a new Thy Flesh Consumed on their label from England using the same band name or I thought they did or seen it somewhere. Strange.

Then GWN closed on everyone in one second and then reopened the next day with all new bands on it and cancelled everyones releases. Well a lot of people are still pretty mad about that because back then during the Undergrowth days on Maritime Metal all the albums from there were going to be in a bunch of Metal Magazines and stuff and it had good distribution lined up and the albums were in the Century Media Records cataog with the End Records and other large distros, then GWN just abandoned Maritime Metal and all thier other bands from Quebec and everywhere and closed.

Then they reopened the next day with all new bands and the old ones were all dropped and they canceled the magazine spots and distribution on everyone so people are still not happy about that because that scene was going somewhere and they just up and quit in the middle of it.

It's probably hard to document all that in the documentary video without bashing them and remaining professional but that's the high road to take on the issue if you cover it.

That's also the conncection between the Maritimes and Montreal metal stuff, maybe you should ask the GWN bands from Montreal from back then if they want to take part in it if they played in the scene here? Maybe bands up there will want to be in the documentary and tell everyone about Maritime Metal like the ones that were on GWN at the time or bands who played here or something.

Bands like Kataklysm, Cryptopsy, Misery Index, Dying Fetus, Suffocation might want to take part like with an interview or something about what the scene was like around here back then. Just don't assume they won't want to participate, just write their record label and tell them you are making a documentary in Montreal about metal here and find out if they're available. Someone might do it and that would add a lot great content if you can get some of them guys in it.

Just remember people might not be getting along anymore though so you might want to make sure you keep all that impartial in the video and be unbiased which is what it looks like it is anyway to make it a good video. I think that's what your making anyway but so other people know who read this website when you inteview bands make sure to just cover their music only and the scene only because people and bands won't want to be in it if it's not just music only, then Cryptopsy or someone in Montreal might not mind doing a video clip for it if you go through their press or label contact and it promotes them too for being in it.

People are still mad about Collapse, Hellacaust, Thy Flesh Consumed and Terratomb getting ripped off by GWN from around the area and not just band member stuff, just so you know for the video.

Maybe on this page you can post all the old concert footage from all the bands and then all their demos and albums like on the other threads so you can come on and watch all the old concert footage and listen to the all the Maritime Metal demos and stuff.

A list of all the bands who have signed up to pariticipate for the documentary would also help so people can know who is going to be in the video and what your time frames are going to be to get the footage together so people can plan to participate in the video like on it's own thread or something, then if good bands show up or some Quebec bands or anyone wants to participate and be in it other people will be more likely to show up for the video if they see that.

Maybe you should make and print a real Compilation CD to go with the video to sell and try to put it on a seller or something with a good reputation like for distro or something aka not GWN like for a label release if you can get it unless you're just doing that yourself I'm sure some label might want to pick that up just don't give it to something that sucks like GWN , Relapse or something yeah I doubt they would carry it but send it to them all anyway like a demo album to see if they will distro it just to see what they offer for it, like a 2CD Martime Metal Compilation to go with the documentary with all the bands on it and maybe include some old and new current songs as well if they have any, then people might want to carry that or a sell the dvd or bluray if your're making one in a store or something or put in on Amazon or something like putting a record out like on MVD or something. That's not that great but they would take it, so you can promote Maritime Metal on the Internet and maybe put some Quebec content in it to get people to carry it.

That would be an alright metal video. Don't be nay sayers, just try and support the video if you like Maritime Metal.