Will this board get used like it used to?

News on what is happening in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, & NFLD Metal Scene.
Necromaster
Site Admin
Re: Will this board get used like it used to?

Post by Necromaster » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Wow you actually touched on a lot of things I am working on.
  • I am looking into getting big bands who toured the Maritimes on camera,
  • I want to cover at least a bit of the GWN issues because it was a big part of the scene back then.
  • I also will be releasing a sound track of the film with all the Maritime Metal bands who will appear in it.
  • I'm still working on making a list of people/bands I want to interview. I have a good 6+ months for this so there is a lot of interviews to plan.
  • Also putting together an Indiegogo campaign. This will fund the project and create pre-sales of the BluRay/Merch (Movie Poster, Shirts, etc...). This needs to be successful before we travel to the Maritimes for the interviews. I've already spent a lot of my own money in pre-production expenses. We need funding so we don't go broke before the Film comes out.
  • Then there is also Government Grants we are looking into (but not expecting any, but still got to try.)
For Myself, Dan and Jeff this is our first professional film. So we are making sure we do everything we can to put out a film that we are proud of and that anyone who watches it can say "fuck that was a great documentary".

HeavyMetal

Re: Will this board get used like it used to?

Post by HeavyMetal » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Yeah that looks super good, making a professional documentary and Compact Disc can be very expensive but doing a good video like that with all the promo and merchandise you are saying about posters and stuff will pretty much guarantee it to be a good release. I was pretty excited to hear about this video you are making because of the look of it and stuff. Getting the professional look on the video like in Documentaries like Metal A Headbangers Journey or something is all in the Camera, I'm just saying if you guys were doing something like that for Maritime Metal take a look at the equipment they used to film that and thats how you get the same camera work and sound. Just as an example, people hate cheap camera work. People from Canada put that video out and this is kind of the same thing, labels and stuff if you decide to distribue this video will probably carry it easier if you use a good video camera like on Metal a Headbangers Journey, just as an example.

Including the bands that toured the Maritimes back then in the video and getting good a camera like they used on Metal a Headbangers Journey will guarntee this video gets a good release on a distributor or label if you decided to do that. I'm just saying that's how they got theirs out, then they had the Compilation CD on a label or something.

That looks like it's could be a long video and it's alot of work putting all that together and hopefully it will all come together. I mean if you do a professional video with good camera work which is just the camera quality, the better the video camera the better the movie theatre look it willl have with all that on it and posters and a cd and stuff interviews and stuff with bands like Kataklysm or something and shots of their concerts mixed in with Maritime Metal stuff will get signed if you did that. Or that's still a good independant release to distrubute and it's big for the Montreal and Quebec scene.

Yes, the GWN part didn't go for a long time but it was impotrant because it would have been in Century Media and The End Records like that so I can't see why if you guys did all that up in Montreal that something like that wouldn't want to at least help distrubute it because it has all the bands on it and is professional quality.

This will be a great documentary for sure if you cover all the bands that played here with the Matitime Bands, it was a super good time back then in metal around here. It hasn't been that active around here recently.

I would assume a lot of independent labels would want to carry this release if it had like Crypropsy, Kataklysm, Suffocation, Napalm Death, Collapse, Hellacaust,Thy Flesh Consumed, Terratomb, System Shit, Existench etc. in it. That's a good promotion including all that, I think it would be worthy of decent distribution.

That's also super good for the Montreal and Quebec Scene to cover them in it, I would say they would definately want to promote themselves in the video. T-Shit's would be good to with all the band logos on the back or something would be awesome.

I don't think it would be difficiult to get any bands to contribute to the Soundtrack CD from the Maritimes and when words gets around you could probably get anyone to be it since it looks good, like the bands from defunct GWN and stuff.

This looks super good for the metal scene too, maybe you could try and do a Compilation CD of bands that toured the Maritimes mixed with Martime bands like a Quebec / Maritime Metal Compilation or something, not sure if bigger bands like Suffocation would want to be on it but it would be a good compilation album to go with it if not sure if you're doing that labels would probably want to distribute it.

I mean it's hard and expensive to do all that work but that looks good that you guys are making that, but that's what labels and stuff are looking for. So if you are doing the extra work like your're sayng to make it a professional video that's what you need to do to get a real Documentary out, like a Headbanger's Journey did or something. Not saying that you're that specifically but it's just an example and cover Montreal and Quebec Metal and Maritime Metal, that could be really good for the Montreal Metal Scene as well.

Getting funding is not easy I know, like you said I know you can do a Kickstarter Campaign to raise funds but you can't really count on making anything, if your trying to get funding just apply for everything available, plus it's a good sellling point that your're doing all that to get bigger bands like Kataklysm in it to help out.

This looks super fun and I will tell everyone I know about it so they can try and participate and see if they contact you, if you can keep an itenary of where you are in your progress on your webpage it would be good for bands that want to particiate so they will know when to contact you about participating, just so people can know when the submission deadline is.

It would be nice to see this get a proper release, and looks like it could be an awesome video / cd. People should support this video, because it looks like it could be really good.