ALBUMS ARE DEAD

A Forum for Metal Discussion
Necromaster
Site Admin
ALBUMS ARE DEAD

Post by Necromaster » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:01 pm

I kinda agree with this. If you look at any music outside of Metal albums are not as important as Singles and keeping a constant online presence with fans.

Chocolate Starmie

Re: ALBUMS ARE DEAD

Post by Chocolate Starmie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 pm

I've been listening to Kreator, Deicide and Cannibal Corpse all night thanks to youtube

The digital age has killed albums and record companies. Physical media is dying when it comes to games, music, video and so on

Lot's of people don't even have a PC anymore and use their tablets and phones. Media consumption is a-changing

Necromaster
Site Admin

Post by Necromaster » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Agreed. It's rare I can sit through a full album or if I can I don't have the time to. I consume most of my music on youtube also. and besides work and when I'm working on my computer at home I am mostly on my phone.

Hell looking at stats on what type of users visiting our facebook page for the doc. about 98% of users are visiting on mobile. basically no one is using a computer to visit facebook.

I do buy vinyl which is basically the only physical media I buy. But its more for collecting because I dont have the time to play any of it.

Even for movies and tv. I stream everything. I dont even torrent videos any more. Havent in many years.

Chocolate Starmie

Post by Chocolate Starmie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:02 pm

I don't bother to torrent anything any more either. I have a 64 gb USB drive packed full of MP3s but that thing hasn't been removed from my car stereo in years

I installed an SSD on my PC months ago and I haven't bothered to restore any of my music or movies from my backup. Streaming and subscriptions have broken a lot of my old computing habits. I guess when services are reasonably priced people actually do pirate stuff less

Slaughtered Princess

Post by Slaughtered Princess » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 pm

Necromaster wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm
Agreed. It's rare I can sit through a full album or if I can I don't have the time to. I consume most of my music on youtube also. and besides work and when I'm working on my computer at home I am mostly on my phone.

Hell looking at stats on what type of users visiting our facebook page for the doc. about 98% of users are visiting on mobile. basically no one is using a computer to visit facebook.

I do buy vinyl which is basically the only physical media I buy. But its more for collecting because I dont have the time to play any of it.

Even for movies and tv. I stream everything. I dont even torrent videos any more. Havent in many years.
I rarely use the lap top, lately I haven't even used the iPad it's always my phone. I stopped buying DVDs and CD's ( unless its local support) and I never buy a record also almost all the music i listen to is in the truck on satalite radio

Joey von Doom

Post by Joey von Doom » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:10 pm

I used to be hardcore into buying albums and looked down on people that just bought singles online.

Now I’m one of those people that buy individual songs from iTunes haha

Necromaster
Site Admin

Post by Necromaster » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 am

I dont think I ever bought just 1 song. its all or nothing. But besides bandcamp I haven't bought digital music anywhere else.

Joey von Doom

Post by Joey von Doom » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:53 am

Mmm yeah. I still buy digital albums, rarely, but most of my purchases lately are random singles like two or three songs from an album and the occasional mainstream pop/rap song.